Tuesday, February 2, 2010

EFREN PEÑAFLORIDA


EFREN PEÑAFLORIDA


Embodying the spirit of Filipino volunteerism that bloomed in this stormy year, Efren Peñaflorida Jr. was named CNN Hero of the Year, the international news network announced on Sunday (Manila time). The Cavite City native pioneered a brand of mobile education, or the "pushcart classroom," for urban poor youth.

"Efren Peñaflorida, who started a ‘pushcart classroom’ in the Philippines to bring education to poor children as an alternative to gang membership, has been named the 2009 CNN Hero of the Year," the world-renowned Cable News Network said in an article posted on its Web site.

2 comments:

  1. bohzo nikan (Hello Friend)

    It is good that you love your people and culture so much to honor them with this site.

    I read your article on Efren Panflorida and because you shared this information i now know of his heroism.

    I will keep reading your blogs. Have a great day and thanks for visiting. My friend use to always say, do you speak "talbala" i hope that i spelled it right, his name is Isedro Fernandez, he is Filipino and he is one of my best friends.

    David

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gud day to you my friend David. Thanks for following my blogs. Honestly, i do have limited chances of handling my pc because of my kids, you know they're the ones who are really pc addicts...lol :) anyway, i do not speak "talbala"...is there such a language like that? lol... maybe it's "tagalog"....

    Thanks a lot my friend. I wish you all the best!! :)

    ReplyDelete